We are hiring! Interested applicants are requested to send their application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position you are applying for as the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE - WWF Nepal
Founded in 1961, WWF is the world’s largest non-governmental conservation organization, with 6,500 staff operating in more than 100 countries, with the support of six million members. WWF started working in Nepal in 1967 with a rhino conservation program in Chitwan, moving on from localized efforts in the conservation of a single species in the 1960s to a new horizon of landscape level conservation encompassing national, regional and global scales of complexity in the early 2000s. WWF Nepal has, over the last ten years, mobilized over $75 million to support conservation and sustainable development initiatives in Nepal.
To lead one of the most progressive conservation organizations in Nepal with a 100+ member team and impact-driven programs in its conservation landscapes.
- Strategic vision and leadership for continued development of WWF Nepal’s conservation program
- Partnership opportunities to articulate and support a shared vision with government agencies, international organizations, WWF Network, donors, and key stakeholders
- Fundraising and networking expertise to garner support from WWF Network Offices, Government Aid Agencies, foundations and corporate and private donors
- Empower staff and nurture innovation for solutions that achieve conservation goals
- A higher degree (PhD or Masters) in conservation, natural sciences, management, international development or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in leading a successful large scale innovative organization and in managing multi-disciplinary teams
- At least 12 years’ professional experience in conservation, natural-resource management or international development, five years of which should be in the region
- A Nepali citizen with a proven record of building strategic partnerships with governments, multilateral and bilateral organizations and cross sectoral partners and successful fundraising for large scale multi-year programs for conservation and/or development