Wild Wisdom Quiz (WWQ) was first introduced by WWF Nepal in 2017. WWQ reached out to 104 schools in Kathmandu Valley in 2017 and 133 schools in Kathmandu Valley, Chitwan and Nepalgunj in 2018 to educate students about biodiversity and natural resources and the necessary steps for its sustainable use; and in 2019 we were able to reach 250 schools and added an additional complex in Pokhara. The program aims to support and align its understanding with Aichi target 1 set between the Secretariat of the Convention for Biodiversity (CBD) and WWF-International.
The WWF-India Wild Wisdom Quiz started in 2008 as a modest initiative, today has become Asia’s biggest and India’s only national level quiz on wildlife.
WWF Nepal seeks to explore and capitalize the potential of the quiz in its own context to reach out to young aspiring conservationists of Nepal.
WWQ 2020 Nepal
WWQ 2020 will be conducted digitally across Nepal this year with a focus on the Middle or “Madhyamik” (Class 6, 7, 8) level only.
1. Wild Wisdom Quiz is designed for students to enhance their knowledge on biodiversity, environment, wildlife and the various threats posed to nature
2. It aims to generate interest and inspire students in conservation and encourage sustainable use of natural resources
3. It provides learning in an innovative approach motivating students on nature conservation
WWQ will take place in three levels: Preliminary, Qualifier and Final level.
Wild Wisdom Quiz 2020 THEME: Reimagining Our Planet
This year’s theme will highlight the significance of planet – how we can live in harmony with other species that occupy space on our shared planet. Through the quiz, each student will learn about:
1. Exploring, understanding and appreciating species, biodiversity, flora, fauna and any other being that may share space with us humans.
2. How all living things that make up nature's web are so wonderful and varied, yet similar in their need to survive.
3. New discoveries and extinction of species, flora and fauna.
4. What is clean energy, and what is applicable for Nepal?
5. What climate change means for Nepal, its mitigation and adaptation plans.
Who can participate?
Middle School Level Class 6-8
How can you participate?
REGISTER online HERE
14 August: REGISTRATION DEADLINE - The teacher in-charge will register the school and participating students for WWQ 2020.
5 - 20 AUGUST: INTRA-SCHOOL LEVEL (PRELIMINARY) - Registered schools from all over Nepal will participate in the qualifying round.
27 - 29 AUGUST: INTER-SCHOOL LEVEL (QUALIFIER) - The winning teams from different schools will proceed to compete to qualify for the national finale.
16 SEPTEMBER: NATIONAL FINALE - Qualifying teams will compete against each other in the bid to be announced as WWQ National level champions.
For Queries: email@example.com